It's no secret that National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation that is my all time favorite Christmas movie. I watch it a few times a year to this day whenever I need a laugh and boy, does it do the job. So I have put together my Top Ten of the funniest Quotes of the movie with my quick thoughts after each one. It was a tough job and I had to leave out some good ones but here goes.....
1. Merry Christmas, shitter was full!- Cousin Eddie
Such an iconic phrase that can be seen on memes all across social media.
2. "Shitting bricks," Ruby Sue said.
"You shouldn't say that," Clark said.
"Sorry shitting rocks," Ruby Sue said.
Not what he meant, but okay.
3. "What did I say nipples?"- Clark Griswold
The entire scene with the girl behind the counter is funny but who doesn't love a good nipple reference.
4. "Falls down a well her eyes go cross. Gets kicked by a mule and they go back normal, I don't know."- Cousin Eddie
It's all about delivery.
5. "We're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest, Christmas since Bing Crosby tapped dance with Danny fucking Kaye and when santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight hes gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nut house."- Clark Griswold
Who doesn't love a good Christmas Eve rant.
6. "Don't go putting none of that stuff on my sled clark you know that metal plate in my head I had to have it replaced because every time Katherine revved up the microwave Id piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so."- Cousin Eddie
I don't think an explanation is needed for this one.
7. "And why is the carpet all wet Todd."
"I don't know Margo."
The neighbors don't get much mention but they are one of my favorite parts of the movie.
8. "At this point I can't even see the nuts, oh here they come here come the nuts."- T.V. Announcers
Now, this may be an odd choice to people but it cracks me up every time!
9. "Oh Aunt Bethany you shouldn’t have done that," Ellen said.
"Oh dear did I break wind," Aunt Bethany said.
"Jesus, did the room clear out. Hell no, presents, you shouldn’t have brought presents," Uncle Lewis said.
"It isn't everyday that someone moves into a new house," Aunt Bethany said.
Great interaction between the randomness of Aunt Bethany and Uncle Lewis.
10. "We needed a coffin, (insert crazy laugh,) I mean a tree."- Clark Griswold
It took many years to appreciate this line because for some reason it can be easy to miss.