It’s time to talk to another Dragon Con Wrestling veteran – a technical brute who has dominated his opponents year after year. This guy radiates arrogance and confidence when he is in the ring; and with good reason – he is a monster.
Last year things almost came to blows between your ol’ pal Phantom and Jack Wagon:
Luckily he had a match to participate in and had to back off. Good thing, too. I don’t fancy the idea of eating through a straw for the rest of my life.
This year I have managed to convince Mr. Wagon not to beat me within an inch of my life and even convinced him to answer a few questions for another DCW-themed Q&A session.
1) What was your very first match as a pro wrestler?
A) My very first match was me (heel) vs Slim J (face) at APW in Royston, GA in 2007!!!
2) What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
A) My favorite toy was toy NASCAR race cars and the trucks that hauled them!! I had dozens lol.
3) What is one album everybody should own?
A) One album everybody should own is anything by George Strait.
4) How did you become involved with DCW?
A) I was invited by AJ and Tiny, the promoters of DCW to come b apart of the show!! And I've wrestled there going on 4 years now.
5) Can you tell me about your first DCW experience?
A) My first DCW experience was me and Chip Day vs Brodie Chase and Iceman!! Brutal match being my first hardcore match lol and the rest I do not remember due to too many Voodoo rums!!!!!
6) What is your DCW dream match?
A) My dream DCW match would be me vs anybody - in a cage!!!!!!!
7) What is your favorite piece of gear you’ve ever owned?
A) My favorite gear are my boots!!!!
8) How does a DCW match differ from other matches? Or does it?
A) It differs a lot because there are more wild fans than a regular Indy show; plus it's the WrestleMania of GA Indy wrestling!! If you are booked on this show, you are very fortunate.
9) Which actor do you feel like you could sit and watch for hours no matter what they were doing and why?
A) Wil Ferrell just because I wanna know how crazy he is in real life.
10) What inspires you to do what you do?
A) The way I feel when I'm in the ring - it's like no other!!!!
11) What is your big nerd passion?
A) My love for this sport and the enjoyment on the fans faces!!!!
12) Is there a movie that should never be remade and if so which one?
A) Twilight should never be remade. Please, no!
13) Closer – can you cut a promo for the DCW crowd?
A) I will cut a promo for the crowd!!!!!
Just the idea of a cage match at DCW is almost enough to make my head explode. The DCW crowd would go absolutely fucking insane.
Once again I will warn you – if you are going to Dragon Con Wrestling in the Hyatt Centennial Ballrooms I-III on Friday, August 30th at 7 PM – you had best leave the front row to experienced veterans like the DCW Hooligans. Jack Wagon is a dangerous, unpredictable man. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see him grab a child or small woman out of the crowd and use them as a weapon against one of his opponents. He has even been known to randomly put fans in submission holds until a ref shows up to witness them tap out. And I’m not even talking about at DCW – this was in the Dealer’s Room!
So watch your step and watch your ass, but be sure to show up and watch Dragon Con Wrestling!