Note: This was supposed to go up on Friday. It did not. Blogger does terrible things to me sometimes. But I actually feel like that's for the best because nobody was going to be reading my blog during Dragon*C on proper anyway. I obviously didn't.
So now I'm still in D*C coverage and I've got one last cool post to give you before starting my recaps, which will take about ten more weeks (not really).
That's Dan on the left. No - not the puppet. That's Carl.
We all owe Dan a big thank you, but instead I gave him some more work.
- Where were you born and what is one way that place has affected you as a person?
- I was born in central New Jersey. How did affect me? &^%$ you.
- What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
- I had a partial set of Colorform Alien Action Figures. Look ‘em up. They are awesome.
- What is one album everybody should own?
- Bat Out of Hell.
- What would be your ideal career?
- Public relations representative for a major comic book company. Best hobby in the world is Media Relations Director for large Atlanta-based convention.
- How and when did you realize that?
- When I saw an opening for the a PR job management job with a comic book company that is known for its dysfunctional superheroes. As for the Hobby…I knew the day I was sitting in the CNN studios and the reporter asked me to describe emerging trends in fandom, I was in the right gig.
- Who is your favorite wrestler and why?
- Me. I did not quit the wrestling team despite a 6-5 record that including accepting 5 forfeits. I one my last wresting match. I was like the Rudy of Central Jersey. And, I was well aware that this really means I lost 5 and won once.
- What are the best shoes you’ve ever owned?
- I had a pair of two tone brown shoes with 2 inch platforms and 3.5 inch heals I wore to my 8th grade dance.
- How did you become involved with Dragon*Con?
- I wanted a way to celebrate life on a budget so I decided to volunteer to show folks where the rest rooms were from the Dragon*Con information booth.
- Which actor do you feel like you could sit and watch for hours no matter what they were doing and why?
- Keifer Sutherland. If I can survive him in Bright Lights Big City, I can survive anything with him.
- What inspires you to do what you do?
- An unwillingness to wasting the precious time I am allotted each day..and a sincere love of fandom.
- What is something you cannot wait to see or have more of?
- I long for a Fantastic Four Movie as good as the Avengers
- Is there a movie that should never be remade and if so which one?
- Closer – can you sell me cold on Dragon*Con? Pretend I’ve never heard of it.
- Dragon*Con is the most amazing event in universe. In five hotels in downtown Atlanta, thousands of people come together to celebrate fandom. You may not realize it but you are probably a fan and it will be easy for you to find something that you enjoy and want to celebrate. Star Wars, Star Trek, Batman and other core science fiction and comic books culture may not appeal to you, but there is also participatory activities from parties, to music and performances, and a cornucopia of additional events and activities.
This is it, folks! The very last post of my Dragon*Con pre-game. But fear not! I will be back next week with a full recap of all of my adventures at the very best Con ever. If you’ve read my past years’ posts you know it is a fairly exhaustive process that is not helped by the fact that I will be hung over for an entire week following Con.
I’m thirty-six years old. The body doesn’t bounce back from debauchery like it used to.
I have absolutely nothing prepared in the eventuality that I do not have material ready to go on Monday, and I definitely feel bad about the ESO Situation – I’ve left them high and dry since Wednesday. But man, I have been one busy Luchadork. I hope you’ve enjoyed what you’ve seen so far, and I hope you’re ready for more soon!