Ring veteran Kory Chavis has made DCW a regular stop on his rampage of violence through the independent wrestling circuit.
Chavis has wrestled for – deep breath – NWA Wildside & Anarchy, Combat Zone Wrestling, Wing of Honor, Dragon Gate USA, Full Impact Pro, ZERO1 USA, and countless more. Chavis is a multi-time Tag Team champ and has held the NWA Anarchy and NWA Wildside Heavyweight Titles. He is one of the most practiced and decorated veterans to enter the ring at Dragon*Con Wrestling.
Also, he would just as soon whoop your sorry ass as look at you. Let’s sit down and have a chat.
1) What was your very first match or experience in pro wrestling?A) My first match was a 3 way dance vs. Jess Wade vs. Nemesis
2) What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?A) My favorite toy was all of my AWA wrestling ring, which i used for all of my wrestling action figures, and GI Joes and He-Men...etc.
3) What is one album everybody should own?A) No way I can say just one. I will go with Wu-Tang's 36 Chambers, Slayer's Reign In Blood, NAS Illmatic, NWA EFIL4ZAGGIN, Outkast ATLiens, Lamb of God's Wrath, and Methodman & Redman's Blackout!
4) How did you become involved with DCW?A)The first year I started wrestling, if I can remember, I was ringside with Murder One as he wrestled John Doe. Since then, I've been hooked on Dragon Con and the wrestling event.
5) Can you tell me about your first DCW experience, or if you haven’t worked it yet what you’ve heard?A)The atmosphere was incredible. The fans of DCW appreciate what we do as athletes and the electricity of the crowd shows that. To me, it was unlike any other show I had seen at the time. Even to this day, DCW is my favorite place to wrestle.
6) What is your DCW dream match?A)Murder One and Scott "The Man" Prater vs Jimmy Rave and Kory Chavis, for old time's sake.
7) What is your favorite piece of gear you’ve ever owned?A)My boots that I currently have. They're the most comfortable boots I've ever owned in my life.
8) How does a DCW match differ from other matches? Or does it?A)I think DCW matches differ from other matches because with DCW, you never know what to expect. The crowd is unpredictable and definitely not the normal wrestling crowd so you never know what to expect from them either. To me, that adds to the DCW experience.
9) Which actor do you feel like you could sit and watch for hours no matter what they were doing and why?A)Samuel L. Jackson, hands down. I don't care what movie he's been in, just his presence alone makes that movie that much better. No matter how uninterested I am when I first hear about a movie, when I find out Sam L. is in it, I'm probably going to watch it, whether it be in the theatres, or on DVD.
10) What inspires you to do what you do?A)I was born with the wrestling bug. I can't really explain it, just feels like this is what I am SUPPOSED to do, so I do it!
11) What is your big nerd passion?A)Horror flicks!
12) Is there a movie that should never be remade and if so which one?A)There are PLENTY of movies that should not be, or should not have been remade. Please, for the love of GOD.....don't try to remake The Running Man!
Chavis is such a mean sumbitch he wouldn’t even answer all thirteen questions. That’s just how he rolls. Come out and see him and the rest of the maniacs that DCW brings out Friday, August 31 at Dragon*Con in the Hyatt Centennial Ballroom. It’s gonna be fucked up!